Principal Strategic planner
· Opportunity to manage a variety of strategic planning projects
· High performing team
· Band 7, $97,850.10 - $109,619.57 per annum plus Superannuation
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
We are seeking a seasoned planner to join the Strategic Planning team. Reporting to the Team Leader, Strategic Planning, your role is to manage and assist in some of the largest and high-profile projects within the City including the Environmental Effects Statement process for the State Government’s suburban rail loop, implementation of the Social and Affordable Housing Strategy, Housing Strategy and Green Wedge Management Plan and planning for urban renewal sites.
The role provides a unique opportunity to gain skills and experience delivering some of the South East region’s most challenging strategic planning projects.
You will have:
· Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic planning projects, including planning scheme amendments and planning policy.
· Sound knowledge of planning principles, the ability to think outside the box and work effectively across the organisation to contribute to the delivery of Council’s ambitious strategic planning work program.
· Several years of experience in a strategic planning role in the public or private sector.
· A tertiary qualification in town planning or a closely related discipline with experience in a strategic planning role in the public or private sector, with complex projects.
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position. Flexible work hours will be considered.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Rita Astill, Team Leader Strategic Planning on 9581 4794 or email email@example.com.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences are encouraged to apply.